This is a follow up on my goals posted here.
Since my original, June 24th weigh in, I am:
- I have gained 8.6 pounds
- I have lost .27 pounds of bodyfat
- I have gained 8.87 pounds of lean body mass
- My waist size has remained at 39.5 (around my belly button)
I am still gaining lean body mass pretty regularly without really forcing any food down. I don’t think it makes sense to really diet down because I want to focus on strength and building muscle for now and then worry about cutting later when I will have some muscle mass to help with leaning. I am not really gaining fat as indicated by my bodyfat fluctuations and that my waist is staying the same.
My lifts took a small backslide when I switched my program to one with higher reps, but I think long term it makes sense.
|Lift||Current Lift||Goal||Pounds Remaining|
Here are some main points, overall:
- 531 takes a step back at first before taking steps forward, so I’m not concerned with a drop on a few lifts (especially since I am leaving 1 or 2 reps in the tank on my work sets)
- I am enjoying the added volume and fact that I can focus on hitting one lift per day and then supplementing with added work
- As far as diet goes, I have been adding carbs back and reducing fat a bit, but keeping carbs at or below 100g per day and keeping them around workouts
Till next time.